University of Florida
Gainesville FL 32611
Phone Number: (Weds. – Fri.): 352-373-6035; (Sat. – Tues.): 386-418-0870
Email Address: email@example.com
- PhD – Department of Zoology, University of Florida, 1970
- AB – Department of Zoology, Cornell University, 1966
- Research Ecologist, Wetlands Team Leader, and Senior Scientist at the USDA Forest Service’s Institute of Pacific Islands Forestry, Pacific SW Research Station, Honolulu HI: 1994-2005.
- Assistant Research Scientist, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor of Ecosystem Ecology, School of Forest Resources and Conservation, University of Florida: 1973-1994.
- Taught Simulation of Ecological Models and Wetland Wildlife Resources.
- Researched management of freshwater forested wetlands for wastewater recycling and timber production; carbon
flows and nutrient cycling in managed pine forests; and predicting the impact of an introduced herbivorous fish on a Florida lake dominated by an introduced plant.
- Served on editorial boards of several ecology and wetlands journals
- Elected to the Board of Directors of the American Institute of Biological Sciences and President of the Society of Wetland Scientists
- Reviewed several national and international ecological research programs
- Chaired the US National Committee on the Pacific Science Association
- Participated on several NSF and NASA panels and the scientific advisory board of a national ecology synthesis program
- Active in science-based environmental organizations in both Florida and Hawaii
- Received Forest Service Chief’s Award for helping to establish summer internship programs for native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders in college
- Participated in Louisiana’s post-Katrina workshop on Envisioning the Future of the Gulf Coast: Using Engineering and Science to Protect Communities, the Economy, and the Ecosystem